srearley

Suzanne Reads

I love books.

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) - Marissa Meyer I am such a failure sometimes. I was supposed be reading this 2 chapters at a time, participating in a read-along. I read it all in like, two days. I meant to stop, but I couldn't help myself.I'm also something of a failure, because I waited so long to read this. I'm not sure why. I think it was because this book seemed to be getting an awful lot of hype, and I didn't figure a Cinderella story about a cyborg mechanic could actually be any good.It was, in fact, quite a bit of fun. I'm a fan of retellings/reimaginings, and this was a very unique take on the Cinderella story. I loved seeing how Meyer put bits of the story we know and love in to her very unusual tale.I did enjoy the fact that this was set in a future China, rather than keeping it a purely Euro-centric story. Yes, it's Cinderella, so you are thinking you know how it's going to turn out, but there are some twists and turns, some of which I thought were a little too obvious. So obvious that I thought it was pretty silly that Cinder herself didn't make the connections once she learned part of the story of who she is. Also, it's the first in a series, so of course, we don't get a complete resolution at the end, we are left hanging on some points, as we head in to the sequel, entry, which is thankfully coming out soon.I am looking forward to the sequel, Scarlet, which comes out in February. The reviews I've seen suggest that it is even better.